debian-sf-devel

Re: [Debian-sf-devel] CVS, Website, Screenshots

From: Soon-Son Kwon
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] CVS, Website, Screenshots
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 17:19:46 +0900

Hmmm...today is May 21...
it took almost 4 days for me to get this email...

My comments below...

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 04:05:12PM -0400, Justin Richer wrote:

> As for the project-webpages-in-CVS thing, I've submitted a preliminary
> patch on the savannah page which will do this. It works, and we're using
> it on our server right now. However, it's not nearly as clean as I,
> Roland, or Christian would really like. When I have time, I'm going to
> take another whack at it, and hopefully do it better this time. :)

That patch is for 2.6, right?
I am curious what Rolando think about it. :-)
Can you please let me know the patch ID on savannah project page?
I couldn't find it...sorry... I want to test it for myself.

> > p.s. Please send me some screenshots for working debian-sf website
> > so that I can upload it to the debian-sf homepage.
>
> Attached are two screenshots of our production server for the US DoD's
> UDAMan (User-Developed Applications Management) webiste, which is based
> off of Debian-SF. I've had to scrub the project listing from the "most
> active" sidebar (which I've gotten partially working, more on that
> later) for security reasons. The two shots show the "UDAMan Default"
> theme that most people have set up, and the "UDAMan Blue" theme that I'm
> slowly working on. The blue one will eventually be our default system
> theme. These themes don't stray too much from the "Forged Metal" theme,
> but it's a start. Both of these screens were rendered under Mozilla, for
> what it's worth.

Ok, I will post your screenshots. Thanks very much.
Can you please let me know what version are you using?

> And btw, I like the new website design. I'm not too crazy about the
> splash page, though. It really should say *something* about the project,
> maybe even the name. I think it would be a good idea to use "Debian
> SourceForge" instead of the smiley. And the squares look too much like a
> Windows logo to me :) ... Basically I'd suggest re-doing the splashpage
> or getting rid of it altogether. Other than that, though, the site is
> looking good.

Thanks. I am very surprised to hear that the squares resemble
the Windows logo. :-)

I just changed the smiley to project name/description as you suggested.
If many people think the splash page is redundant, I will remove it.
Feel free to express your feelings to me anytime.

p.s. Rolando or Chris: please close the bug # 148.
I submittied patch for that a few days ago...
--
           (o_             **WTFM**