debian-sf-devel

[Debian-sf-devel] error installing 2.6 split sourceforge-common

From: girardot
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] error installing 2.6 split sourceforge-common
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 21:03:56 -0400

greets,

When I cd into /var/cache/apt/archives and then try to do a 'dpkg -i
sourceforge*deb' I get a cascade of failed dependencies for sourceforge
packages.

I have been through this a few times and used 'apt-get -f install' and I
think I have all of the other required packages installed, now it just says
I have 9 sourceforge packages not installed.

They all seem to stem from the failure to get sourceforge-common installed.

Here is the debug output of that build:

debian:/var/cache/apt/archives# dpkg -i sourceforge-common_2.6-0+11+_all.deb
(Reading database ... 14314 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace sourceforge-common 2.6-0+11+ (using
sourceforge-common_2.6-0+11+_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement sourceforge-common ...
Setting up sourceforge-common (2.6-0+11+) ...
debconf (db): making DbDriver of type File
debconf (db config): started; filename is /var/cache/debconf/config.dat
debconf (db config): loading database
debconf (db): making DbDriver of type File
debconf (db passwords): started; filename is
/var/cache/debconf/passwords.dat
debconf (db passwords): loading database
debconf (db): making DbDriver of type Stack
debconf (db): making DbDriver of type File
debconf (db templatedb): started; filename is
/var/cache/debconf/templates.dat
debconf (db templatedb): loading database
debconf (developer): frontend started
debconf (db configdb): trying to getfield(debconf/frontend value) ..
debconf (db configdb): getfield done by config
debconf (developer): Please do not capitalize the first letter of the
debconf frontend.
debconf (user): trying frontend Dialog
debconf (developer): frontend running, package name is sourceforge-common
debconf (db configdb): trying to
addowner(sourceforge/shared/replace_file_install sourceforge-common boolean)
..
debconf (db configdb): passing to config ..
debconf (db configdb): trying to
addowner(sourceforge/shared/replace_file_remove sourceforge-common boolean)
..
debconf (db configdb): passing to config ..
debconf (db configdb): trying to addowner(sourceforge/shared/file_changed
sourceforge-common note) ..
debconf (db configdb): passing to config ..
debconf (developer): starting /var/lib/dpkg/info/sourceforge-common.postinst
configure
debconf (developer): <-- GET sourceforge/shared/system_name
debconf (developer): --> 10 sourceforge/shared/system_name doesn't exist
debconf (db config): saving database
debconf (db passwords): no database changes, not saving
debconf (db templatedb): saving database
dpkg: error processing sourceforge-common (--install):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 10
 sourceforge-common

it is right i have no file called system_name. i also don't have any
directory on my machine called /shared/ anything.

Any ideas?

cheers,
blake