debian-sf-devel

Re: [Debian-sf-devel] unable to remove packages

From: Roland Mas
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] unable to remove packages
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 18:39:44 +0200

Soon-Son Kwon (2002-06-03 11:27:29 +0900) :

> Hello,
> Today I built packages from the current CVS tree
> and re-installed every packages
> but sourceforge-ldap-openldap caused error so I decided
> to remove every sf-related packages including slapd & postgresql
> so that I can fresh-install for testing....
>
> But I couldn't remove packages due to the following errors:
> I am sorry I'd admit that my description is poor & unclear...
> but if somebody can build packages & test it again, that will help
> clarify it.
>
> Here is the error messages after removing slapd & postgresql.

What strikes me is that you seem to have managed to remove slapd
before sourceforge-ldap-openldap.  How did you do that?  I think this
is the cause of your problem, since removing slapd removes the
slapd.conf file, and we depend on its presence for the pacakge
removal.

  I'm not sure this is *the* explanation, but if you could investigate
in this track it might just suceed.  Also, try to reinstall slapd.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

All tribal myths are true, for a given value of 'true'.
  -- in The Last Continent (Terry Pratchett)