debian-sf-devel

[Debian-sf-devel] Yet another CVS branch (Gforge), and a new version

From: Roland Mas
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] Yet another CVS branch (Gforge), and a new version
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 22:54:36 +0100

  Hi all,

  Two things to announce here.

  First, you may have heard of Gforge, another fork of Sourceforge led
by Tim Perdue.  He released his version 3.0 recently, and he focuses
on removing the various ugly hacks that are in the Sourceforge code.
We seem to have managed to convince him that working together would be
better than competing, and so he joined us.  He will work on his
changes on the newly-created "Branch-gforge" CVS branch, and Christian
and I will work on integrating his changes into the main trunk.  We
hope that we'll eventually be able to heal the gap between Gforge and
Debian-SF, hopefully getting the best of both worlds.

  Second, there's been a new release in the 2.6 series, namely
2.6-0+15, just before the branching happened.  It includes no major
changes since 2.6-0+14, but various improvements here and there.  Read
the changelog for details.

  May the Forge be with us :-)

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

In every life you got some trouble, when you worry you make it double.
  -- in Don't worry, be happy (Bobby McFerrin)