debian-sf-users

RE: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: [Debian-sf-users] how to configure ldap pas

From: Thomas R. Hall
Subject: RE: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: [Debian-sf-users] how to configure ldap password?
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 21:12:14 +0800

: project1                   IN      A       <IP ADRESS OF YOUR SERVER>
: cvs.project1               IN      CNAME   cvs.<FDQN OF YOUR SERVER>.

Yep, that part is working now, thanks.

: If this is ok try host project1.<your fdqn>

The machine responds fine from itself, but not from the network (other
machines).  I think I need to add something to the named.conf file.
Maybe something about a PTR entry?  Not sure, since I am not a BIND
guru.  Basically, the machine will respond to DNS queries from the
machine itself, but not from another machine...  Any suggestions?  I
know this is not a debian-sf-specific problem, but anyone has a
suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated.

--Thomas