debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] Problems in v2.6-0+9

From: Roland Mas
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] Problems in v2.6-0+9
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:48:21 +0200

Olafur Osvaldsson (2002-04-17 10:15:52 +0000) :

> I have noticed that it is not possible to add users to the Master Group by
> default in this version, the reason seems to be that there is no cvsGroup for
> the project so the code gets stuck in some loop.

Um.  Could you be a little more precise there?  I can add users on the
web like for any other project...  What exactly are you doing and what
is the result of it?

> I for one would like to add users to the Master group so I don't
> allways have to log in as admin to do those tasks, but instead just
> use my normal login.  Is there a reason for this or just a honest
> mistake?

  There's every reason to do that, and I did it too.

> With that said, shouldn't sf_ldap_group_add_user() check if the
> group is using cvs at all and ignore all cvsGroup stuff if it isn't?
> I know this would make it much more complex if the group is ever
> changed to use cvs later on.

  I'm not sure I follow you there.  You seem to encounter a problem on
the web interface (unless I'm mistaken), then you propose a patch on
the backend executed by a cron job...  Could you enlighten me a bit,
please?  I'll be glad to apply your patch, only I prefer to be sure
they are useful beforehand :-)

  Thanks,

Roland.
--