debian-sf-users

[Debian-sf-users] Re: Sourceforge info request?

From: Roland Mas
Subject: [Debian-sf-users] Re: Sourceforge info request?
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:32:12 +0200

Alwyn Schoeman (2002-08-30 11:58:25 +0800) :

> Hi Roland,
>
> Are there any documentation on what data one needs to provide in the
> debconf screens to end up with a working sourceforge installation?
> I'm thinking about things like LDAP DN's etc.

Well, there's the usual place (README.Debian), with a section entitled
"Installation notes".  Apart from that, well, there's not much
documentation.  The default values should work, and in some cases the
Debconf interface gives the needed info.

> It seems that you need experience with manually installing
> sourceforge to actually know what to supply with deb installation.
> The info I'm asking about is details that will assist someone with
> no previous Sourceforge experience into getting a functional system.
> Is there anything like that available?

  We're trying to make that unnecessary.  I was hoping we were at the
point where no knowledge of Sourceforge is needed, only a certain
amount of knowledge in the software involved (Apache, Postgresql,
Exim, Mailman, Slapd, etc.).

  For support, there's the Debian-sf-users mailing-list [1], to which
I send a copy of this message.  Maybe someday someone will read all
the archives, extract the useful stuff, and send a patch to
README.Debian with this info.  Unfortunately, I'm rather busy with
fixing code and packaging bugs (and with paid work, too), but I'll be
glad to merge such a patch as soon as possible.

Roland.