[DejaGnu] Testsuite classification

From: GNU Team
Subject: [DejaGnu] Testsuite classification
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:11:21 +0530

I have a question regarding these testsuites.
How do I categorize them ?
i.e. after running the gcc 3.0 test suite on  gcc 2.95.3 (sh-coff-gcc)
I got about 4500 FAILS. (I ignored the 'tool init file warning')

Now, is there any document which classifies these errors ?
ie. which tests must PASS and which may not pass ?
Or does it mean that compiler has 4500 bugs which must be fixed ?