dejagnu

Re: 'make check' failure in gcc-3.3 in x86->x86 cross build. How to deb

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: 'make check' failure in gcc-3.3 in x86->x86 cross build. How to debug dejagnu usage problems?
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 08:51:17 -0600

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 11:09:48PM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:

> > My usual tools - find -name '*.exp', xarg, grep, a big printout, and a
> > cross-reference - aren't helping enough.
> > I did see when I read through the source that there is a built-in debugger.
> > (I imagine I could set a breakpoint on setenv, say.)
> > When dejagnu wizards are tracking problems down, do they use the
> > debugger, or what?

  Actually, I do use the built in Expect/Tcl debugger. There are a few
commands I wrote to mimic GDB commands, but being able to set a breakpoint
is great. I wish I had had that ability during the first bunch of years I was
working on DejaGnu.

> Next chance I get, I'll try inserting an 'env' right before runtest
> gets run, too, to make sure the shell script isn't the one setting

  I also use print statements, and other things as well for "custom debug
output". Although I haven't tried it, Source Navigator has Tcl support.

        - rob -