dejagnu

Re: Learning DejaGnu

From: Braden McDaniel
Subject: Re: Learning DejaGnu
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 00:00:24 -0500

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 16:18, Ben Elliston wrote:
> Braden McDaniel <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I'm trying to get a handle on using DejaGnu to do some basic
> > testing, but I'm having quite a bit of difficulty. I've been looking
> > over the manual and the calc and helloworld examples; and I'm still
> > pretty mystified at how to run my test program with an argument. The
> > manual's suggestions that I look at what gcc and gdb do are a bit
> > overwhelming considering I still can't seem to figure out what in
> > the DejaGnu configuration files allows "make check" to run the tests
> > in "calc.test" (that is, I can establish that it doesn't work if I
> > rename the directory to "calc.foo").
>
> Projects that use Automake need only put "AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = dejagnu"
> in their Makefile.am and the Makefile will include a "check" target
> that will do the right thing and invoke runtest for you.

I am using automake, and I've gotten that far. I still don't understand
what controls whether a directory under testsuite is recursed into. As I
mentioned above, in the calc example, if I rename the subdirectory
"calc.test" to "calc.foo", things stop working. I don't understand why
that is; so I don't understand why things aren't working for
"mytool.whatever".

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <address@hidden>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <address@hidden>