dejagnu

Re: Error executing dg-final

From: Ben Elliston
Subject: Re: Error executing dg-final
Date: 25 Mar 2004 17:54:10 +1100

Suvarna <address@hidden> writes:

> I have added following program in my gcc.dg testsuite.
>
> When I run testsuite using GCC 3.3 the program works as expected.
>
> However when I use GCC 3.4 it gives following error.

There must be a difference in gcc/testsuite/lib/scanasm.exp, which
belongs to the GCC testsuite, not DejaGnu.  It appears to use "string
map" which is probably non-portable Tcl which requires a modern
version of Tcl.  The GCC testsuite should be fixed to minimise such
dependencies.

As a workaround, you could update to a newer version of Tcl.

Ben