dejagnu

Re: Remove packaging/rpm/dejagnu.spec

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: Remove packaging/rpm/dejagnu.spec
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:30:34 -0600

Ben Elliston wrote:
Similarly, the DejaGnu package maintainer for Fedora has told me that
they maintain their own RPM spec file.  Accordingly, I'd like to
delete the one in the source tree.

There are way more distributions than just Fedora. I'd actually like to see the one used for Fedora, as I use the existing spec file to build RPMs for systems other than Fedora. I know you dislike having these packaging files in the source tree, but I do use them and maintain them. They are also useful for anyone trying to add packaging support for any new GNU project as a working example. As they only exist in the CVS tree, and not in the released package, and are very small files, I don't really see any real reason to delete them.

Since I can't even get Redhat to use the correct CVS repository, I'm not that excited about their version of the spec file.

        - rob -