dejagnu

Re: nomenclature

From: Daniel Jacobowitz
Subject: Re: nomenclature
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:41:19 -0400

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 03:16:51PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello Daniel,
>
> thanks much for your fast response!
>
> On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 04:34:10PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > Also, host_execute doesn't do what you think it does.  You'd want
> > "remote_exec host" to run programs, and some other mechanism besides
> > host_execute to decide whether tests pass or fail.  I think
> > host_execute is just misnamed.
>
> 1. Do I understand it correctly: I have to call remote_exec and check
>    for PASS / FAIL / UNRESOLVED in .exp myself? Can you recommend an
>    example for that, I don't know how to grep a variable for substrings?

In general the output of the program isn't what you want to test for
results; you want something like return code, or output matching a more
specific pattern, et cetera.  If you're running something like
single-file small programs, you could use dg.exp - see the GCC
testsuite.

> 2. I couldn't find a way to get the hostname that I set via
>    set_board_info in my B.exp file. How can I do that?

[board_info target hostname]?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC