dejagnu

Re: Why not add tests order control to Dejagnu, I find a way.

From: wenbo.yang
Subject: Re: Why not add tests order control to Dejagnu, I find a way.
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:05:13 +0800

Hi Markus:

> So a file like the mentioned 'priority.seq' would be a good idea. I think of
> a kind of lock file. ('.lock' or whatever).
> If it exists only the '.exp'-files mentioned in it are executed. You could
> easily use it then for bug fixing then.

DejaGnu can do ".exp" file list by "runtest a.exp b.exp ....". :-)

I changed the method by add a variable "pre_test_cases" in user defined
site.exp.
In runtest.exp, global this variable then use it.

global pre_test_cases
if { $pre_test_cases != "" } {...}

So there is no need to read a file. I think it can minimize the change to the
whole architecture.
If the variable is not defined. Runtest will be done on its normal way.
Mr. Elliston felt reluctant to add more features. So I post here just for
others convenience.