dejagnu

Re: remote_open with SSH

From: Tareq A Khandaker
Subject: Re: remote_open with SSH
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:20:30 -0500

Hi,

In rsh_open in rsh.exp, I changed the line (removed the space)

        set rsh_useropts "-l [board_info $hostname username]"

to read

        set rsh_useropts "-l[board_info $hostname username]"

This modification fixes the problem for me. On top of that, I found that this line

    set hostname [lindex [split [board_info ${hostname} netport] ":"] 0]

was clobbering the the parameter $hostname that was being passed in. I renamed the first hostname so that it becomes nethostname

    set nethostname [lindex [split [board_info ${hostname} netport] ":"] 0]

Now, the lines dealing with $shell_prompt and $fileid actually get evaluated. This additional change now has effect of changing the spawn command, so that it reads

    spawn $RSH $rsh_useropts $nethostname

At this point, I can successfully connect to the target using SSH public key authentication, but now, I have a different problem. When I execute remote_send, I get an error saying "ERROR: no fileid for target". From rsh_open,

    set board_info($hostname,fileid) $spawn_id

so it should be getting set, but apparently it is not.

Thanks again,

Tareq A Khandaker

Quoting Ben Elliston <address@hidden>:

Hi.

set_board_info rsh_prog /usr/bin/ssh
set_board_info rcp_prog /usr/bin/scp
set_board_info connect rsh

This is how I do it, and it works for me.

Ben