dejagnu

Re: ASAN test failures make compare_tests useless

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Re: ASAN test failures make compare_tests useless
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 15:20:52 +0200

Hi!

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 17:17:53 +0200, Manuel López-Ibáñez <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 18 August 2014 16:34, Alexander Potapenko <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm also annoyed by this, due to »ulimit -v 4194304« being set.

> > The output pattern that must be printed has these addresses masked out
> > (note "0x[0-9a-f]+" in your report).
> > No other lines with varying addresses should be printed.
>
> For the record, I think the fault lies in the GCC testing
> infrastructure and not in ASAN. It is wrong to print as the test error
> message the output of ASAN. It should print
>
> FAIL: c-c++-common/asan/global-overflow-1.c   -O0  output pattern
> test, is  ERROR
>
> This is enough to see that something failed. For details one can go to
> the detailed logs. But I didn't add the asan testing infrastructure
> and I couldn't figure out how to fix this.
>
> Any suggestions?

Richard Sandiford has already addressed this in DejaGnu upstream,
<http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3C87bo0samke.fsf%40talisman.default%3E>,
so you now "just" need to wait for the next DejaGnu release to be made
and packaged for your distribution, or you manually patch
/usr/share/dejagnu/dg.exp:dg-test, or add a patched dg-test to a suitable
gcc/testsuite/lib/*.exp file to override the system one.

Grüße,
 Thomas