dejagnu

Re: PATCH: add "dejagnu report card" command [revised]

From: Ben Elliston
Subject: Re: PATCH: add "dejagnu report card" command [revised]
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2019 20:12:22 +1100

On Mon, Dec 31, 2018 at 11:56:10PM -0600, Jacob Bachmeyer wrote:

> -DISTCLEANFILES = options-init.exp stats-init.exp
> +DISTCLEANFILES = options-init.exp stats-init.exp \
> +     testsuite/launcher.all/command/bin/dejagnu \
> +     testsuite/launcher.all/command/bin/dejagnu-bar \
[etc.]

It should not be necessary to list all of these files for
distclean. Automake only copies what you specify, so these should be
able to be omitted. By the way, you do build in a separate object
directory, right? That keeps your source tree clean of object and
derived files.

> TEXINFO_TEX = doc/texinfo.tex
> -dist_man_MANS = doc/dejagnu.1 doc/dejagnu-help.1 doc/runtest.1
> +dist_man_MANS = doc/dejagnu.1 \
> +     doc/dejagnu-help.1 \
> +     doc/dejagnu-report-card.1 \
> +     doc/runtest.1

I am wondering if we should do what other GNU packages do and have a
skeletal man page for dejagnu(1) but refer users to the Info
documentation for the details of, eg, dejagnu-report-card?

I will also make the change to 'configure' to abort if AC_PROG_AWK
returns 'no'.

Cheers, Ben