[Demexp-dev] Re: Issue to use ocaml-gettext with lablgtk

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Re: Issue to use ocaml-gettext with lablgtk
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 22:19:23 +0100

Hello,

"Sylvain Le Gall" <address@hidden> writes:

>> Yes, using LANG=C when calling my program solves the issue. But for my
>> autotests, I need to do that *from* the program. Do you see a way to set
>> the locale from OCaml, for a given part of the code?
>>

> Humm, there is a way, but it is C code and it is not really clean:
>
> /* Change language.  */
> setenv ("LANGUAGE", "fr", 1);
>
> /* Make change known.  */
> {
>   extern int  _nl_msg_cat_cntr;
>   ++_nl_msg_cat_cntr;
> }
>
> (from the gettext manual:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_mono/gettext.html#SEC155
> )

Well, you're right, it isn't very clean. :) As I have found a
work-around my issue (see me other email), I'll keep it that way and
keep this solution in the archive if I ever have another issue that
needs this kind of work-around.

> Well, the avantage of camomile is that you can produce full ocaml native
> application (almost without C binding). The only other advantage, is not
> really "external developper" visible: it is a little bit cleaner because
> you have better control of thread unsafe variable. But it is not an
> issue, both implementation should work well.

Thank you for the explanation. Anyway, as I'm using the .glade system,
I'm forced to use GettextStub.Native.

One issue solved. :) Thanks!

Best wishes,
d.
--
pub  1024D/A3AD7A2A 2004-10-03 David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A