[Demexp-dev] New methods on XML RPC proxy

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] New methods on XML RPC proxy
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 18:39:12 +0200

Hello,

I have updated the *test* XML RPC proxy[1] with following new methods:

 * new_question(cookie, question_desc)

 * add_response(cookie, question_id, response_desc, response_link)

 * set_question_status(cookie, question_id, question_status)

   question_status is 1 for 'tagging_only' status
   question_status is 2 for 'public' status

 * max_participant_id(cookie)

 * participant_info(cookie, base, number)

 * add_participant(cookie, login, password, groups)

 * update_participant(cookie, login, password, groups)

 * remove_participant(cookie, login)

 * server_timers(cookie)

Please look at demexp book for corresponding definitions. Let me know if
something is not clear.

Methods new_question(), add_response() and server_timers() can be used
by any participant.

All other methods need "admin" rights (for exemple the default root
account).

Use of update_participant() is a bit tricky. If you need it, look at
demexp book and do not hesitate to ask me for more information.

Augustin, with this new methods you should be able to have a fully
functional Drupal module, able to create questions and manage
users. Only question tagging is not available through XML RPC. I'm
wondering if such API is needed for the demo server, as anyway for the
official server question tagging is restricted to classifiers. That's
said, the situation is the same for creation of participants, restricted
in official server, but I find interesting that people can quickly
create an account through Drupal interface.

Best wishes,
d.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://demo.demexp.org/cgi-bin/demexp-xmlrpc-test

--
GPG/PGP key: A3AD7A2A David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A