Re: LIS on demexp Re: [Demexp-dev] [OSP2007] An OCaml Summer Project pro

From: François
Subject: Re: LIS on demexp Re: [Demexp-dev] [OSP2007] An OCaml Summer Project proposal
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:35:22 +0100

Ok,

so after reading the [proposal][] on the wiki and having outband
communication with David I restate the project

On Le Tuesday 13 March 2007, à 16:53:28, François wrote:
> The proposal would be to include in the demexp server a way to navigate
> on tags and questions. The code base and the API of [LISFS][] should be used
> and the API implemented by the means of RPC calls.

The proposal would be to do a server implementing LISFS API by the means
of RPC calls. The "user properties" of LFS would first be taken on the actual
classification system : each tag is a property of a question. Answers
are considered subparts of questions (question is the basic element of
demexp).

> In order to test and demonstrate why it is a good idea to import those
> concepts in demexp, it may also be possible to add a basic graphical
> interface a la [CAMELIS][].
>
> It is perhaps a bit late for OCaml Summer Project but it's worth a try.
> I have not sure on who must submit the projects and if a text as above
> is sufficient to present the project.
I just reparsed the OCaml Summer Project website and it seems that the
deadline for submission is March 15th i.e. tomorrow. It could be that I
am too late now.

François

[proposal]:

<https://demexp.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:proposals_for_google_summer_of_code_2007>