[Denemo-devel] About the last patch

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] About the last patch
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:14:04 +0100

A couple of things about the last patch. It has an .svg for a dotted
quaver (eighth note), though nothing is done with it.
And I included a \transpose c c
directive in the lilypond output, which does nothing by itself but makes
it easy to put in a transposition if you want one. In doing this I
realized that the lilypond parser needed editing to accept it on input,
so I did that, though of course, it doesn't actually do anything with
it.
Which raises the whole subject of reading back in lilypond files. I
would like to re-visit this subject, as I have an idea that even if
reading more or less arbitrary lilypond files into denemo may be too
ambitious we may be able to devise a method of preserving the text of
minor edits to denemo's lily output, carrying them around during denemo
editing and spitting them out again at the end. The situation where
denemo reads something in from .ly and then loses it when it writes it
out is not, I think, acceptable.