[Denemo-devel] ChangeLog entry

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] ChangeLog entry
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 16:19:21 +0100

Here is the changelog entry for the patch I submitted yesterday.

24-09-07
        denemo_types.h, introduce extra rhythmic submode (OVERLAY) for entering
pure rhyth patterns without pitch and overlaying with pitches.
        chordops.c,h New function modify_note() allows modifying the pitch of a
note without otherwise altering it. (The previous attempt at this is
reverted in new_note as that was not doing the whole job there).
        commandfuncs.c,h casts to eliminate compile time warnings. Allow direct
overlay of pitch from keyboard in OVERLAY mode. More fixes to
deletestaff (previous version did not coredump but did not always
deletestaff).
        contexts.c improved comment
        denemoui.xml move pitchrecognition onto rhytym/overlay toolbar.
        figure.c Fix that failed to be included from last patch I presume
        file.c removed commented code - this wasn't present in my version so I
think it had got in by meld error
        keyresponses.c improve code structure with function
make_singleton_rhythm to make a rhythm containing just one duration
        pitchentry.c Allow starting pitch overlay at any note in measure
(clears old overlays if needed). Return focus to main window after
changes to pitchrecognition window (so that further keypresses behave as
expected without having to re-select the score area). Use the new
modify_note function for overlay. Ensure cursor moves on when rests
occur at end of measure. Tidying code.
        staffops.c,h more fixes to deletestaff - the enum has been extended to
cover a magic number (9) which had been coded in. This code needs
rewriting to give these enum value less common names, as they can easily
clash with other code as it is (eg prefix each enum value with STAFFOP_)
        view.c,h Support for direct entry of rhythm when Overlay selected by
clicking on the pattern button internally this is called "pitchless"
entry. The new function make_singleton_rhythm defined. Tooltips added to
various buttons. Quarter note set as default rhythm for newview. Code
tidying, fix for typo (eight note for eighth note).