[Denemo-devel] Re: Problem installing: mkinstalldirs missing?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Re: Problem installing: mkinstalldirs missing?
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 10:19:27 +0100

I have just tried to build from CVS (updated with the patches I've been
sending) using the procedure listed in the file INSTALL.
I noticed that the step ./autogen.sh creates mkinstalldirs as a symbolic
link.
Moreover, in the ./configure step the xmltest step no longer fails (cf
previous emails in this list). Why this should be I don't know - there
is no record of anything relevant being changed. The make still fails in
the po directory, I get

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/rshann/denemo-cvsBUILT/denemo/po'
test ! -f ./denemo.pot || \
          test -z "es.gmo fr.gmo sv.gmo it.gmo" || make es.gmo fr.gmo
sv.gmo it.gmo
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/rshann/denemo-cvsBUILT/denemo/po'
rm -f es.gmo && : -c --statistics -o es.gmo es.po
mv: cannot stat `t-es.gmo': No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [es.gmo] Error 1

There is a warning in the ./configure log file
config.status:875: WARNING:  po/Makefile.in.in seems to ignore the
--datarootdir setting

which may be relevant?

About the sourceforge pages, I couldn't agree more - most references to
denemo lead to sourceforge and it appears to be a nearly stalled
project. Nearly, but not quite, since some of the development discussion
has taken place there since the move to Savannah, adding to the
impression that sourceforge is the active denemo home. My account on
sourceforge appears to have expired, so I can't do anything about this
(and I have to admit, I have not done any of that work in the past, so I
don't know what is involved).