Re: [Denemo-devel] Coredump adding a staff to score with more than one m

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Coredump adding a staff to score with more than one measure
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 07:29:43 -0500

On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 10:34 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> adding a staff to score with more than one measure leads to coredumps
> shortly after (the display is broken straight away with measures with no
> staff lines in  the new staff).

We wanted the ability to have staffs that are different lengths from one
another because we don't have any kind of move tool to add or delete a
measure to one staff only.

> removemeasures (si, si->currentmeasurenum - 1, 1, FALSE);
>
> where the FALSE means don't delete the measure in the other staffs. In
> the release it was deleting in the other staffs. This leads to strange
> behaviour as you add more notes to the staff that is short of measures -
> basically I don't think it has ever been properly supported, so until it
> is I suggest we change this to
> removemeasures (si, si->currentmeasurenum - 1, 1, TRUE);

I noticed with rhythm and overlays turned on note entry in one staff
pushed back the notes in another staff. This does not happen in classic
mode. It has never coredumped for me in classic entry mode. We need to
have the ability to add and delete a measure in one staff only. This way
if we were making an arrangement or something and we skipped over a
measure we can add an empty measure to voice x and then fill in what was
missing.

Thanks,