[Denemo-devel] the status bar

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] the status bar
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 16:07:54 +0000

There is a status bar in denemo, but it is just being used as a label,
that is there are no gtk_statusbar_pop calls, only push. This will
result in a memory leak. Unless there is a plan to use it as a status
bar, I suggest changing it to a label. (The GtkStatusBar widget is
intended to inform the user about changes that are taking place
independently of the user's actions, e.g. that the midi playback has
finished).
This thought arose because it would be nice to use this bar to give
information about the item at the cursor - making it clearer when you
have selected at tuplet start rather than the nearby note. Especially,
the lilydirective could be marked in the score by a short mark and spelt
out in full in the status bar. However, the memory leak could start to
really hurt (of course we could still use the widget, popping every time
we pushed, but it is the wrong widget for the job).
comments (if I'm missing something),