[Denemo-devel] The note entry toolbar

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] The note entry toolbar
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:32:30 +0000

As I mentioned the note entry toolbar (aka EntryToolbar, Notation
Toolbar, Durations toolbar etc) was showing the markup as plain text
when turned on by one of the two toggles for it in the View menu - I
removed the offending toggle and checked in the relevant denemoui.xml.

 But while looking at this, I decided to finish a grander plan, which
was to integrate this toolbar with the workings of the rhythm pattern
toolbar, so that you can see at a glance what duration note you will get
when you press a note-name key. (Talking insert mode here - in Classic
mode the cursor moves when you press a note-name key).
So now when you choose a duration, the relevant button lights up - even
if you choose it from the keyboard or menu.
I've done this now and checked it in - it makes the code more uniform
and gets rid of a minor memory leak in the older code.
My main motivation to crack on and do this was to avoid the bug that
makes the toolbar buttons refuse to show markup (and hence refuse to
show the Denemo.ttf notes). Alas, there is a second level to this bug -
now if you show the note entry toolbar by default the markup works but
the button is insensitive except at its edges (possibly something to do
with the GtkEventBox that it is in).
Perhaps these bugs are already fixed in new versions of gtk?? If anyone
can set this toolbar as visible by default please detail your library
version.