Re: [Denemo-devel] Unreadable files after save

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Unreadable files after save
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:23:37 +0000

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 13:41 +0100, Eivind wrote:
> > Hi,
> > The good news is that your file
> Denemo-unforgettable1.denemo opens
> > with the version of denemo in CVS. You do not say
> which version you
> > are using. Are you able to use the CVS version?
>
> I am using Denemo 0.7.7 from Debian unstable on Ubuntu
> 7.10. I tried to compile from source, but got lost in
> dependency hell: I can't install libgtk2.0-dev because
> it requires libpango1.0-dev, which apt-get tells me is
> not going to be installed :-/

I didn't know that 0.7.7 was available except as a source tarball - when
I look on the Debian site it isn't listed, and the Ubuntu site does not
seem to list the packages it has.

We are about to release 0.7.8 which is just done as a tarball of the
source - it would be nice if we could release a .deb package but I don't
know how that's done. If anyone knows what is needed/can do please say!
I notice that LilyPond comes as a shell script with all the neccessary
libraries embedded so that it can be installed entirely in user-space -
I don't know how that is done either.