Re: [Denemo-devel] Questions and Comments on Denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Questions and Comments on Denemo
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 10:04:02 +0100

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 10:33 +0200, N. Gey wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> I am not sure if I understood right.
>
> Don't you know the concepts of JACK, LASH and ALSA or don't you know how
> to programm/integrating them.
The former - I just have some hazy notions. Are you thinking it would be
nice to be able to play individual notes via midi without the delay of
creating a file and starting an external midi player? - yes, that would
be good. If we can get enough people using Denemo I'm sure someone will
take it up. It may have been done already and just not be working (there
is a file called alsaplayback.c!).