Re: [Denemo-devel] Questions and Comments on Denemo

From: N. Gey
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Questions and Comments on Denemo
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 11:19:40 +0200

Having an ALSA client is a great thing. You can send your midi data right from Denemo to a synth or sampler like zynsubfx or even linuxsampler, so that is possible to make great music with notes and staffnotation, not with tracker and pianoroll.

Even more, having an JACK client offers the possibility to sync denemo with other programs. You could easily make a convert from denemo-midiplayback to wave, meaning rendering through a synth/sampler. This is possible because JACK transport can start and stop all connected clients at once, so that recording a synced midiprogramm is no problem anymore.

Finally if you have made a complex setup of routing from denemo (or even more than one denemo instance at once) to any other programms you could save this all by LASH so that restoring a certain state is avaible at any time, and its possible to transfer this session to other computers.

Like I've said. For me these three things are the fundamentel difference between linux and win/mac. As we all know there is no complete noteeditor for linux so giving these possibilities would surely get users to use denemo.

Nils