Re: [Denemo-devel] Homepage Confusion

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Homepage Confusion
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 14:38:16 +0100

On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 14:58 +0200, N. Gey wrote:
> About the denemo homepage
>
> there seem to be three pages which semms to be "official"

> know the code will be only here and it will be the official page. But
> the "Homepage" part itself, certainly the first point where new users
> will look (http://www.gnu.org/software/denemo/) is from 2000?
>
> The sourceforge homepage seems to be more complete but is from 2005. As
> far as I know it will be removed?
Bad news is that unless Adam Tee comes back, sourceforge say they will
not let us do anything to the one on Sourceforge.

> There is the Windows Page http://www.rshann.plus.com/denemo.html which
This is just my informal site, GNU will not want to do anything to
encourage use of proprietary operating systems, so it will not be
appropriate to put a windows build on the GNU home of denemo. (I don't
want to do anything to encourage the use of these things either, but I
do need testers for Denemo).

> seems up to date but there is also an old windows page,
> http://www.vanbest.org/janpascal/denemo.html, which is linked in the
> German Wikipedia, so many people might see it.
I've tried to contact janpascal but got no response. Please update
wikipedia - I notice someone has already done the Russian wikipedia!