Re: [Denemo-devel] alsa

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] alsa
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 16:40:59 -0500

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 06:56:13PM +0200, N. Gey wrote:
> Sounds great.
>
> I actually don't know if its possible to sync the start via
> Jacktransport only with alsa (which can use Alsa-Midi) or if you need
> jackmidi then.

I want to get alsa working first as a seq client. This way external
soft-synths can be used for playback. This can be done already if the
external midifile player is set to aplaymidi ($command_line_options).
I plan on getting note "previews" when notes are entered it is to be
played out the seq client Denemo". That is my first step. Then later I
will look into playing via alsa seq client so playback will go to a
softsynth or external hardware synth via alsa. I think this should be
done before trying to get midi-mmc sync or jack sync.

Jeremiah