[Denemo-devel] Re: Denemo-devel: Key bindings

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Re: Denemo-devel: Key bindings
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 16:50:28 +0100

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 14:18 +0200, Jean-René Reinhard wrote:

> I had a hard time to find a pointer on a denemo devel-list. Would it be
> possible
> to better advertise this change on the website?
We need an extrovert volunteer!

> Googling for denemo didn't get
> me on Savannah.
yes, currently its entry number 3 for a search on the keyword denemo.
> If one lets the application handle the keymaprc, things will probably be
> allright. However, isn't editing the keymaprc file by hand another valid
> option worth supporting?
>
> If not a disclaimer should be added to keymaprc to direct the user to the
> proper
> way to edit this file.
>

> Something is probably wrong since I checked out a CVS repository on
> sourceforge,
> following guidelines on the sourceforge denemo web page.
the sourceforge web page directs to the CVS on Savannah, if you checked
out the sources on sourceforge they would be *very* out of date, the
program has moved on a lot, both in stability and features since the
repository moved to Savannah. This happened before the sourceforge site
became orphaned.

> There is no standard.accels file there. Where is the reference repository
> located? Savannah?
yes. But you must have found it (just didn't realize it was on Savannah)
since you found the git repository which is being trialled; but then you
must also have somehow got to the sourceforge one if you have no
denemo/keymaps/standard.accels file???
The version is 0.7.8 which is released, and CVS is what I hope will be
0.7.9 shortly. You see this on the help->About dialog.
I'll add a warning to keymaprc and keyresponses.c