Re: [Denemo-devel] Custom menus

From: Jean-René Reinhard
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Custom menus
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:20:22 +0200

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 02:07:37PM +0100, Richard Shann wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 09:24 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> > An xml file with entries (remotely) like this would do:
> > This file would be written whenever the keymaprc was written, so the two
> > would always be in step.
> well, of course, that raises the question, could they be the same file?
> That is, we could extend the concept of a keybindings respository to a
> repository of actions, both built-in and custom, together with the
> keybindings that invoke them. The repository describes built-in actions
> just by a reference to their name, while the custom ones are described
> in detail, with the extra fields I mentioned.
> Richard

I really do not think this is necessarry. For implementing a new action, you
have to write a callback. This is clearly something that belongs to the source
code. Since you have to provide this callback when defining this action, you can
as well describe all the info of an action in the source. What is the point of
putting all this in a config file? I don't think it is any use to the end-user.

Jean-René