Re: [Denemo-devel] status report

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] status report
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 09:42:51 +0100

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 09:01 +1000, Roy Rankin wrote:
> I am currently dumping and reading back simple LilyPond files from
> Denemo.  However, I still have a few issues to cleanup, but if I do not
> manage to get this done tonight, my next chunk of free time will be
> early next week.
I have also been getting a chance to look over this, and I think I
understand the code as at present.
Could you just email me the lyparser.* lyparserfuncs.* files that you
have, so that I can understand where you have got to? (Don't email them
to the list, as it blocks (large?) attachemts, send them direct or post
them up somewhere).
I would like to read over what you have done, to see how it fits in to
my understanding of the code. It doesn't need to be compilable or
anything, just readable.

 As the code no longer needs to keep the input LilyPond as strings for
output (which was the purpose of the old code) I think it can be
simplified and made more able to cope with LilyPond from a variety of
sources.

In the slightly longer term, I hope be able to select some LilyPond text
in a foreign text file (viz. a block of music) and paste it directly
into Denemo, using the lyparser (essentially, by surrounding it with
\score{ .... } and then parsing it in to a clipboard score).

Best regards,

Richard