Re: [Denemo-devel] Release and Website

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Release and Website
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 09:02:25 +0100

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 21:40 +0200, Nils Gey wrote:
> The lilypond Windows Icon is exactly what I mean. Its clearly the
> windows logo so lilypond uses it (probably) without license so its
> illegal.
I see it used quite widely and have not heard of problems - after all,
if I was MS I would want it plastered on every possible surface on the
planet. So (probably) it is permitted to use it, perhaps with the
customary mention that the names etc are copyright of their respective
owners (the sort of thing you see on all sorts of things that are
designed to work with/on some other makers product(s)).

MS have, I think, another logo which indicates the product is certified
by them. All I am saying is that if we do the same as thousands of
others, we are unlikely to be the targets of any test case brought by
MS, in fact, it seems unlikely that anyone would do more than telling us
to stop.
No harm in emailing address@hidden :-)