[Denemo-devel] Fedora and BinReloc

From: Roy Rankin
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Fedora and BinReloc
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 19:19:33 +1000

I have been jumping through hoops and I am now the package maintainer for Denemo in Fedora. I am expecting Denemo-0.7.9 to be in Fedora 10 which is coming out shortly.

However, I have just discovered an issue. The build of Denemo in Fedora strips the binary which, as I understand, cause BinReloc to fail. Here are the messages I get.

BinReloc failed to initialize:
Domain: 1 (GBinReloc)
Code: 4
Message: Binary relocation support is disabled.

Why is BinReloc required? What happens if I just disable it so I do not get this message?

Fedora 10 is going beta this weekend (Sept 7) and I would like to resolve this before then.

Regards,
Roy Rankin