Re: [Denemo-devel] Showing lilypond text editing window

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Showing lilypond text editing window
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 08:40:53 +0100

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 19:27 -0600, Neil Johnson wrote:
> widgets in the binary version.  I don't remember there being install
> errors when I originally installed the binary, but that was because I
> used Synaptic to download and install it for me.

I guess this will be the origin of the problems - Synaptic would be
installing an ancient version (0.7.5 I would guess) and it seems likely
they are interfering with each other.
Running make install in the toplevel directory would be the normal,
correct procedure.
I think to get a clean system you could do uninstall on all versions of
denemo, remove ~/.denemo and do the standard thing with the latest
version.

Thanks for persisting with this! I think we may need to warn about
unistalling first if that is indeed the problem - I didn't hit this
problem, despite having ancient denemo installed via Synaptic.