[Denemo-devel] Port Denemo to NintendoDS or Denemo GUI and frontend/back

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Port Denemo to NintendoDS or Denemo GUI and frontend/backend
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 14:50:41 +0200

Hi list,

please note that this mail is just hypothetical and even for me no priority at
all. I just want to know a few things.

I recently got an Nintendo DS. Its mostly for commercial gaming but there are
some Open Source programs for it like an Organizer or Texteditors. Even a few
Trackers and Mediaplayers. The touchscreen with a pen ("stylus") makes it easy
to use and since there a two screens you can have on-screen keyboards.

I carry my DS with me all the time. For playing, making notes.... but there is
no notation-software.
There are Libraries avaible to write your own programs and use the DS-hardware.
So I thought its maybe possible to port Denemo. The DS can compile C but the
libs for Denemo-GUI are not avaible.

So.. does anyone of you has an DS, too and thought of a port?
Is Denemo coded with a backend/frontend philosophy or is it a whole piece?

If its a whole piece then its maybe completly unthinkable.
But I'm interested in your opinions nevertheless.

Nils