Re: Scheme Interface (was Re: [Denemo-devel] Staff menu transpose)

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: Scheme Interface (was Re: [Denemo-devel] Staff menu transpose)
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 12:11:24 -0500

On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 13:10 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 15:25 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> > and there are a few query functions still
> > to be linked up, but trivial stuff).
> I've done some of this now.
> The main one (for transpose/augment etc) of multi-note chords is
> (d-GetNotes)
> which gets the notes of a chord.
> You can create a list of the notes in Scheme with this
>
> (define theNotes (string-split (d-GetNotes) #\nul))
> (display theNotes)

I wrote a little diatonic transposition script but I don't know how to
deal with split strings so it does not deal with chords yet. I am
attaching it here. It is based off the diatonic transposition item
called "Third". This one has a pop-up dialog asking the interval of
transposition.

When I write one that does a real transposition should the key signature
be changed or remain the same?

Jeremiah