Re: [Denemo-devel] [bug #24424] install on Win XP / denemo does not disp

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] [bug #24424] install on Win XP / denemo does not display any screen
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 09:47:07 +0100

On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 16:33 -0500, David Bolton wrote:
> Richard Shann wrote:
> >> The warning message appears even on the most recent version (0.7.9
> >> Window Candidate).
> >>
> > The 0.7.9 Candidate is not the release. The release is 0.7.9, somehow
> > you have installed an old version.
> >
> > I've just downloaded from Savannah, booted windows installed and hit
> > Help->About: it is the release, not a candidate for the release.
> >
> > Richard
> >

> I got it from the denemo download page today. The Help->About box says:
> "Denemo 0.7.9 Win Sat Jul 26 08:05:16 GMTST 2008"
This means that the svg loader bug depends on something other than just
this executable. Can you check your list of dlls against those reported
earlier in this thread?
The icon problem is fixed by the presence of the svg dll AND some entry
in a configuration file (which I don't have in my head). But all of it
is (should be) within that binary.

> But the first screen of the installer reads: "This will install
> 0.7.9WINCANDIDATE on your computer."

ah! I'll try to remember to remove this reference to the version from
the installer, as it is difficult to maintain.
Thanks,