Re: [Denemo-devel] began real transposition script

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] began real transposition script
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 09:39:02 -0600

On Sun, 2008-11-09 at 11:57 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-11-08 at 09:58 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > > You need two, one would be the number of diatonic steps, the other
> > > something to encode the number of additional sharps/flats.
> > >

> > I thought of that method you descibed. Unfortunately it won't work
> > for
> > 12 tone music, hybrid scales or random accidentals.
> hmm, are you going to try and encompass a whole bunch of transformations
> in one function with some parameters to control it?

No. I was actually going to write separate functions for each "filter".
Then I thought it would be nice to call them from this function. This
way code can easily be reused and if anyone wants to modify a passage by
doing things like getting then enharmonic spelling of flats to sharps or
whatever. I am not hard set on these ideas. I am just exploring it for
any advantages/disadvantages.

Jeremiah