Re: [Denemo-devel] draft of real-transposition script

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] draft of real-transposition script
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 15:48:50 +0000

On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 08:18 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I don't think so. I read it and I believe I understand. I am going to
> think about it and the re-usability of it and then push it to git. Is
> the xml around the scheme code hand written?
No. You just put the scheme code in the scheme window then right click
on a menu item and choose "create new menu item here", this will create
the command at that point in the menu/file hierarchy. You then move it
to your git repository (from ~/.denemo/actions/menus) and do git add. (A
user would not be moving anywhere, they would probably just save the new
item as part of their default command set, but as a developer you have
to do that extra step. Eventually we would like the users to be able to
submit new commands to denemo.org).

 You don't have to stick with your choice of where to put it, you can
invent a new directory to put it in (which will cause a new menu to
appear). Or even a new hierarchy of directories. Choose the names
carefully, as they will appear as menu names.

If you have time, can you look into the question of putting the same
command in more than one place? For example, the CheckPitches command is
a MIDI input filter and that is where I have checked it in to git
(actions/menus/MainMenu/EntryMenu/MIDI/CheckPitches, but someone might
expect to find it in Educational. You can copy the same file into two
places, and I think this will result in one command (but I am not sure,
it may need fixing); but can you create a link (symbolic or hard?) and
still install it with the final .deb packager. And will it all work?