Re: [Denemo-devel] Transpose applied to Selection

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Transpose applied to Selection
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 17:42:51 -0600

On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 23:16 +0100, Nils Gey wrote:
> This sounds really great! Now we could make some usefull, often used,
> combinations with it like transposing ovtaves up and down.
> How far is the "transpose in scale" away? This means if you shift an E up one
> note in D Major it will become #F and not F? Or in other words: Tranpose only
> optically and put the notes just the notation-lines up and down.

I may be confused but if you want to keep the original key but transpose
everything up a second so this in D Major

d e fis g a b cis d

becomes

e fis g a b cis d e

If that is what you are asking this script will not do that. That is a
diatonic transposition or modulation not a real transposition. There is
a function in scheme to do this though. It is called d-DiatonicShift.
So if you want to do this you would do this:

(d-DiatonicShift "1")

This would bring the current note up 1 scale step. You would need to
reiterate this over the selection or line. There is an example called
"Third" in one of the scheme scripts that does just that.

Jeremiah