Re: [Denemo-devel] updated Makefile.am

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] updated Makefile.am
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 20:45:02 +0000

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 12:19 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > > They method I have seen documented is to create symlinks by
> placing a
> > > line in denemo/Makefile.am. Then the link is created on a make
> install.
> > I get it - that would be ok (just one thing to do), though not quite
> so
> > obvious as creating the symlink in git & letting the make system
> take
> > care of what to do with it.
>
> I just created a symlink in denemo root directory from
> MIDI/CheckPithes
> to Educational. It did not work.
??? I am not sure what you did here. (i.e. what command you executed)

> It only worked if I was in The
> educational directory and created the symlink like ln
> -s ../../MainMenu/blah blah/MIDI/CheckPitches .
This is the way to create a (soft) link in the directory Educational
which would make it appear that the linked to file was present there (as
far as many system calls are concerned, that is).

> Then when I did:
> make dist
>
> It converted the link into a copy. So I think if we want to do
> symlinks
> then we need to place it in the Makefile.am
Is that the top level Makefile.am? (So, all the references to symbolic
links would be in one place?)