Re: [Denemo-devel] Single note chords with LilyPond attached to the note

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Single note chords with LilyPond attached to the note.
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 17:55:38 +0000

On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 21:44 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I like this but it seems that the postfix is happening just after the
> note and before the duration amount so if note is c'4 postfix goes
> something is doing something like this:
>
> c'-3 4
>
> when it should be:
> c'4-3

This is as I intended, what you need to get is

< c'-3> 4

Which you do with prefix < and postfix -3>
That is, you have to put in the < > for single note chords yourself.

However, going over this I see that this needs to be controlled because
there are things that text markup that cannot be applied to the
noteheads, only to the whole note, and in that case the postfix has to
come after the note length. So, as it is we would have to resort to
LilyPond Inserts to do this, which is bad (because it is important to be
able to keep prefix and postfix together.

The upshot is I have completely revised the code. More details later (or
look at the check in).