Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo .8 for Windows -- Midi players won't player fi

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo .8 for Windows -- Midi players won't player files created by Denemo
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:54:33 +0000

On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 09:31 -0500, Scott Mohnkern wrote:
> I've seen a couple of posts about this, but no solution.
>
> I've tried several Midi players (Windows Media Player, Midnight
> Express, and Sweet Midi player), and they all won't player mid files
> created by Denomo.
>
> It appears, based upon what Midnight Express is saying is that the mid
> files in Denomo don't have Instruments assigned.
>

> Has anyone gotten Denemo to work with Midi Playback in Windows?  I've
> got the Linux version on my Ubuntu box and love it
If you take a midi file generated on your Ubuntu box and play it with
some windows midi player does it play? (That is, is the file generated
on windows any different from the one generated on linux?)

I have had Windows media player playing Denemo midi files, but a few
months ago. I'll try it next time I am on windows (shortly, as it is
time to release).