Re: [Denemo-devel] The Vote is over

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The Vote is over
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:39:27 +0000

On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 10:20 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 January 2009 19:39:30 Nils Gey wrote:
>
> > 01 Denemo has everything I want already
>
> Is this one Richard?
No, I didn't vote, but I did wonder who it might be - perhaps just a
little joke, an idle button press. I think if you were just doing one
specific thing with the program then, on balance, any new feature is
only going to cause you grief, at least potentially. There is quite a
class of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" applications. But, for my
purposes, Denemo isn't one of them.
What I really want next is to be able to click on a menu and find a menu
item for any printed marking I needed, without having to work through
the LilyPond docs to find out what to say & where to say it. This would
mean that everything under the sun would be there (in the menu, on disk
or at denemo.org), but classified, and searchable via the words in its
tooltip. And I would like this to come about by users finding an effect
that is not available, doing the chore of looking up the LilyPond docs
and creating the menu item & then hitting a "submit to denemo.org"
button. After moderation, everyone could then use it. The wiki of music
typesetting.