[Denemo-devel] RE: Gregorian chant

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] RE: Gregorian chant
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 09:03:05 +0000

> Because modern music expects a time signature and adds bar lines...
> the odd
> thing was if I changed anything by inserting a minim instead of a
> crochet,
> or put in a rest, or added in a note I'd missed, it put a ! in the
> bar,
> rather than reorganise, from the beginning to end, all the notes into
> bars
> to keep a mythical 4/4 or whatever it expects. How do I tell Lilypond
> forget about structuring it into bars, and forget about a time
> signature?
You don't need to, LilyPond will ignore Denemo's barlines anyway. With
the latest release (0.8.2) the Denemo barlines are paler to indicate
that they are just indicating the usual organization of the notes into
measures. Denemo uses them to decide which chunks to display on the
screen and much else internally.