Re: [Denemo-devel] Large Menu of Objects

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Large Menu of Objects
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 19:43:55 +0000

On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 11:24 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 15:23 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 09:21 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > > My Main Menu of objects
> > Do you mean the (topmost) menubar, the one called MainMenu (in
> > denemoui.xml)?
>
> I was talking about what hides when you click on view->"menu of
> objects".
Oh, right the ObjectMenu, actually a menubar. Well, I guess the same
comments apply, at the moment you can delete/hide menu items, but not
whole menus, except by hiding each menu item. (I just tried this: if you
take for example the Clefs menu, and right click on each item, going to
the "manage shortcuts..." and the click Hidden for each item in the
Clefs menu then the menu disappears from the ObjectMenu menubar)
> I was wondering if I should set a boolean in prefs to allow
> denemo to start up with view->"menu of objects" hidden at startup.
Yes, all the view options should be user prefs. Is it the case that it
makes a difference on your system whether it is initially hidden or
unhidden? There can be problems about window sizing and so on...
Richard