Re: [Denemo-devel] The staff indentation and the layout block.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The staff indentation and the layout block.
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 18:18:03 +0100

On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 07:41 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> I have been looking into the \header{}, \paper{} and \layout{} blocks
> and their meaning in LilyPond, with a view to completing the set of
> DenemoDirectives so that you can easily customize the LilyPond output
> from scripts. I've come across the fact that with the present Denemo
> code you can change the indent of the first staff of a piece, which
> Nils
> was asking about recently:
>
> \layout {indent = 0.0}
>
> is the magic needed to get rid of it altogether, and it can be put in
> the Movements->Change Properties->lilypond_before field. I think it
> then
> applies to *all* the movements in the piece; I think that if instead
> the
> fragment is placed inside a scoreblock it applies only to the one
> movement.
The indent command I have installed is just for the movement. One for
the whole score needs to be in the Score menu, and needs to create a
layout block outside the score block as suggested in this email...
curiously, I erroneously put indent in a paper block and got no error
(and it worked).

Richard